Sunday, April 8, 2012

Challenging Day at SPI

I spent most of the day Friday at South Padre Island hoping to pick up some birds on migration. I had a phenomenal day of birding, marked most excitingly by six new life birds. So far, this migration season has been good to me and it seems like there's more where that came from!

Frustratingly, though, I took a bunch of pictures of birds that I can't quite ID, and I'm yearning for some answers. I tried to post them to Whatbird (my normal source of ID help) but the photos won't upload. I'm going to post them to Flickr to see if I can get some help. Here's the link to that Flickr photo album: http://www.flickr.com/photos/76994832@N03/sets/72157629769936389/

Even though there were some birds that I couldn't I ID, there were plenty of birds that I could, including my six new life birds. Here's one of them. This is a Rose-Breasted Grosbeak:

No comments:

Post a Comment